As we know, every printer device has an IP address, and they are communicating with the IP address, so it’s essential to know about how to find IP address on Ricoh printer.
So in this article, you learn about how you can find IP addresses.
There is a wide range of models of copiers and printers in the Ricoh item family.
For the most part, the least demanding approach to discover a Ricoh machine’s IP address is to print out a configuration page, which records applicable system settings, including the IP address.
Before finding the IP address of the printer, follows these steps.
- In the first step, you press the menu button/ system settings. So you will see another interface on the printer display.
- Now you see two options host interface, shutdown. So you should select the host interface option. Press on the ok button.
- you see on display three option I/0 buffer, I/o Timeout, Network. So scroll down and select the Network options.
- Now you see inside the network three different options Nwframe type, effective protocol, ethernet speed, so press on the effective protocol option.
- Three options you will see IPv4, IPv6, SMB. you have to press on the IPv4 button.
- When we are going to the inside of Ipv4, so you see an active, inactive option button if you are select the inactive option, so it shows unused protocols if you select active option, so we use for the IPv4 environment of netware5/5.1, Netware 6/6.5.
- After that, you will press the escape key button to come back on the network menu option.
- In the network section, you will see three more options machine IPv4 address, IPv6 stateless setting, IPsec, so if you want IPv4 to assign IPv4 printer address so you should press the machine IPv4 Address.
- Click on the machine IPv4 address now you see auto-obtain (DHCP), Specify. If you want to use IPv4, also assign both option subnet mask, gateway address. Press on the [ subnet M, Gateway ] option.
- Now you should press on the enter key and field entry of address left site. So finally, field all entry then press on the ok button. Follow the last process assigns to the subnet mask, gateway address.
- Now change the IP address form “220.127.116.11” to an IP address supported by your network.
- In this step, you should select the Specify option if you are not selecting this option so your IP address not saved.
- Time to go back to the initial screen, so press the menu button.
- Confirm the settings on the print configuration page.
Watch the full video to find ip address on a Ricoh printer –
Short Note – How to find IP address on Ricoh printer
- Click on the User Tools/Counter key.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Interface Settings.
- Select Network.
- Select the IP Address.
- To specify an IP address, select Specify, and put your address on printer. To have DHCP automatically assign an IP address, choose Auto-Obtain (DHCP).
- Back on the User Tools screen.
Now we talk about DHCP, EtherTalk, manual process.
EtherTalk – its old technique communicates with the printer over ethernet using AppleTalk.
DHCP – it is a common configuration and default setting. When we apply with DHCP So sittings of network automatic assigned, include with IP address.
BOOTP – One more different host configuration, like created before DHCP.
Manual – If you want to change the network settings manually so you should choose this option for your network values via the keypad.
how to find the ip address of a printer in windows.
So if you want to find the printer IP address in windows so you should follow a few steps:-
- Click on the Windows key, select the type devices and printer.
- Find the IP address that printer you are finding check the list of printers on display.
- Press the Right-click of your mouse and select the printer properties. you will see your IP address on Locations box on the General tab. If you do not see this, so click on the next step, and you will get your address.
If you do not find the address on the printer, so you will get an IP address form your computer connect with the same network if you have window vista, so you should use a network map to Find your copiers/Printer Ip address.
Thank you for reading this article I hope you get your solution. ( Read more )